Thursday, January 27, 2011

My New Hair Is Under Way!

I got my hair cut today (:
I chopped it all off. It's the first time in a loooong time I've had it short. And, actually, this is the shortest I've had it since I was a little kid.

I wanted an angled bob, but longer.
Like this, but I wanted it thicker in front:

In reality, though, my hairdresser is a family friend (so naturally I can never ever get my hair cut anywhere else in my entire life -__-) who constantly ignores what I want. She claimed my "layers were too short up front to leave the front long". Whiiiichh...is crap. I see what she was saying, but it was do-able. But anyways, she cut my hair and it ended up coming out really short and not as dramatically angled as I wanted. BUT. I think it looks cute. I was going for a dramatic change, and thats what I got.

                                 BEFORE:                                                                              AFTER:















 I had a meltdown in my car driving home, tears and all. I felt that I looked like a boy, and I just kept picturing my hair as I saw it in my head, the way I wished it had turned out. And it was a bummer. Not to mention my mother was being horribly insensitive. "Its just hair, Gabrielle" (yes, she even full named me).  Yes, it is just hair. It grows back. But my hair is really important to me, and I don't care if that sounds silly to someone. I work hard to maintain my hair, to keep it healthy, and to always keep it interesting and how I WANT IT. I view my hair as just another form of self expression. So when it didn't go as planned, naturally I freaked out...not to mention I miiiiiiight be a smidge OCD...

NEVERTHELESS, I really do like the cut. I think it's cute, and something new. I've never had a cut like this and I think it will also grow in well. I was already planning on buying a set of extensions anyways, so I'll go ahead with that plan. Now I can have the best of both worlds: a cute short cut, and a nice 18" look. (:


I'm also in the process of dying my hair. Like...as I'm typing this, I have the dye in and a cap on, lol. I'm dying it black, and then putting a coat of dark purple over it. Hopefully the purple will show through and it'll add a nice subtle highlight.

Pictures and updates on the dying coming soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment