Thursday, January 27, 2011

Phase Two!

Black dye is washed out, and purple dye is on.
I should have let the black process a little longer (I left it on for 1 and 10 minutes)
It came out a dark black-ish brown, but I really wanted black.
However, the purple will probably show up better now. I'll do plain black another time (:

This is the black I used.
Actually Manic Panic is the ONLY dye I like to use. I use others, obviously, because they don't make every color. But I truly feel that their dye is the best. The pigments are strong and bright, and the dye lasts longer than most. Plus, it's not a harsh dye so you can let it process for longer than the necessary time- in fact, its actually recomended that you do. I usually sleep with the dye in.

I have the Manic Panic Purple Haze on right now, processing.

I just use basic tools: mixing bowl, tint brush, vinyl gloves, and a shower cap.

I'll post a picture of the finished product tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment